Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Firsts...

I've been thinking this week about "firsts." In only 5 months, Avery has already celebrated her first Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and Valentine's Day. This Sunday will be her first Easter. I can't believe all these "firsts" have already come and gone!

The Easter Bunny has been very busy getting things ready to fill the girls' baskets. Everything is ready except a little candy and the Easter grass. Stephen hates, hates, hates Easter grass. He says it sticks to everything and gets all over the place! I got a cute white basket with pastel accents at Michael's for Avery. Sydney really needs a new one. Hers is worn out!
I have never purchased a first Easter dress, or a second, or third... This is one of the privileges of being a grandmother I guess. We alternate holidays around here, and whichever grandmother's "turn" it is has always offered to purchase the dress for Sydney. This year, it's Nana's turn, and she offered to get the girls matching pink dresses. She is having someone make them, and I can't wait to see. If it is the same lady who has made Sydney's in the past, it will be beautiful.

All Sydney is worried about is dying and hunting eggs. She is excited about going to church with Grandmommie but wants to know if she's going to have to go to "big church" with us or not and how long she's gonna have to sit there because those seats are always hard and make her bottom hurt! By the way, this isn't a first for her. She complains about stuff like this all the time!

Avery had another first yesterday. Blowing raspberries is her new favorite thing. Yesterday, she decided that blowing them while she had food in her mouth was fun. I had pears all over my clothes, face, and in my hair. She thought it was great and gave me the biggest smile!

Mama called earlier and is sending an Easter package for the girls. Have I mentioned before how spoiled my kids are? They are lucky little girls. When Ben and I were little, our grandparents didn't have the resources to spoil us like my kids get spoiled. They just spoiled us with good food, big hugs, and not letting our parents spank us in their houses! My Mam-ma can still take on my mama if she needs to- even from her wheelchair. LOL!
Here are a few of Sydney's Easters... I can't wait to post Avery's first Easter. I bought her first bunny ears!
















No comments:

Post a Comment