Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

Spring arrived several weeks ago in Panama City. There is pollen everywhere. My black van looks like it has a light coat of yellow paint on it. Our allergies always get worse when the pollen arrives. Sydney, Avery, and I went and sat on the swing for a while yesterday after I finished working. I think I used half a box of Kleenex when we got back inside. Avery really loves being outside. I wish the bumble bees would not try to land in my head. They drive me nuts. We have lots of flowers in the yard, and the bees are everywhere. I read that bumble bees are hesitant to use their stingers, but I still don't want them in my hair!


Sydney has really been enjoying the weather. She is coughing and sneezing every second, but she wants to be outside anyway. I am glad that she is getting out and getting more exercise. I am afraid she inherited my metabolism. She gets so mad at me when I make her eat yogurt, cheese, or fruit for snack. She is a junk food junkie! She is such a picky eater. I think that stems from the food allergies when she was little. We had to be so cautious about what she ate (EVERYTHING, it seemed, had eggs in it!) that she didn't try much of a variety of things. Now, all she wants is a ham sandwich- ALL... THE... TIME! Anyway, back to outside... She has really enjoyed her trampoline lately. She hops on it as soon as her homework is finished every day. We had a really bad storm a few weeks ago. The wind was so fierce that it ripped the net all the way around. It scares me for her to be on it without the net, but I try to remind myself that we didn't have a net on ours when we were growing up. We only ALMOST killed ourselves a few times.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I hope that with spring will come lots more beautiful weather, fun for the family, and hopefully a sleep trained baby before summer arrives! We're doing better. Last night I laid Avery in bed when she was really sleepy and had a full belly. I only had to go in there and "shush" her and giver her the pacifer three times before she was out. Now if we can just master that middle of the night thing! We are traveling this weekend, and I'm afraid we may have a few set backs. I hope not, but you know Avery!

1 comment:

  1. Our net didn't last long either, maybe a year. Someone told me about a family that had dug a hole in the ground for theirs. I think that would be cool.

    ReplyDelete