Monday, October 11, 2010

Long Time, No Post

It has been so long since I have blogged. I bet y'all thought the men with white coats had finally come to take me away. Well, not yet!

When I lost my job in June, I prayed and prayed for a job that I would enjoy and would help pay the bills and provide health insurance for our family. Well, I was finally blessed with a job. This is my fourth week. It is helping with the bills, and I will be eligible for insurance in November. As far as the enjoyment, well... That is yet to be seen. I am pretty miserable, but I know God has a purpose for me being there- and His purpose is way better than anything I might desire. I just have to keep reminding myself of that. Anyway, by the time I get off at 5:30, pick up the girls, and drive home, It's a little after 6. I have to immediately feed Avery (She's mean when she's hungry.), and start supper for the rest of us. Then it's bath time, homework checking time, study time, and AR book reading. Not to mention the diaper changing and disaster interference I'm running with Avery in the middle of all that. There's not much time left for blogging!


Sydney is still going to school against her will. Second grade math is not her friend. She says she just wants to do the "other subjects." She announced recently at a Girl Scout meeting that her favorite subject was lunch. Who would have guessed! LOL! You never know what she might say- or do. We recently found a dead lizard in her room- laying neatly by her bed- dead. She was just "saving" him because he was cute. I was scared to ask how long she'd been keeping him in there, but I did anyway. Not very long. Just a couple of weeks. Eww.


Stephen is still working, working, working. We get to meet for lunch every once in a while since I'm working in town now. That's about the only time we get to actually enjoy eating together without little fingers in our plates.


And who do those little fingers belong to? That would be little Miss Avery! I can't believe she will be ONE in less than two weeks!!!


She weighs 16 pounds- still a runt. She wears 6-9 month clothes, mostly. She wears some 12 month sleepers. She just started wearing size 3 diapers. She is staying in a home based daycare during the day, and Miss Heather says she eats more than the older kids. She just doesn't know why she's so little. We don't either. She eats her food and then always wants to share ours. I wish I had that metabolism!


She says "ma ma," "da da," and "na na no"! And just one time, when I was calling the dog to come inside, she said, "mon da-dee" (C'mon, Daisy), but I can't get her to repeat it. When she's getting into something that she shouldn't be, she'll turn around and shake her finger at you. B.A.D.!!! Her favorite place to be is the bath tub. She refuses to walk, but she still climbs the stairs every chance she gets.
We are gearing up for Avery's party and Halloween. I decided to go with brightly colored party supplies rather than pastels. They have a cute cupcake motif. I have a cake design in mind and have purchased the pan. I'll start getting all that done this coming weekend. Sydney is going to be a vampiress for Halloween, and Avery is going to be a butterfly.

Well, that's what we've been into! I hope you enjoyed this post. I'm not sure when I'll get around to another one! Hopefully I'll at least get a birthday and Halloween post in before the month is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment