Friday, May 28, 2010

Bridging

My Daisy Girl Scouts are no longer Daisies. We had our bridging ceremony last night, so they are all officially Brownies now!That would be my child on the end holding up the Girl Scout sign with the wrong hand!


A Leader's Poem
- Author Unknown

Sometimes I get discouraged. My time is not my own.
If I'm not somewhere, I'm always on the phone,
Reminding someone's mother of a stray permission slip.
Whose loss would cause disaster to our upcoming field trip.
I'm dashing out to get supplies (I think I'm going daft!)
Who's idea was this? Can we really do this craft?
And then there are the cookies-on the chairs & on the floor.
My house has twice as many as the local grocery store.
Even when I'm sitting still, my brain is overheating
Searching for a game or song to liven up the meeting.
Just when I'm exhausted, too tired to move again,
A small eruption at the door and the girls are coming in!
I draw a breath in wonder, & ask myself, "Oh Why?"
Then I'm almost toppled by a bear hug, just knee-high.
The room is full of laughter and suddenly I see
That I really cannot think of a better place to be.
Yes, I'm a Girl Scout leader & I guess that's no surprise,
And everything I do is worth the smile in one girl's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment