Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day (a little late) to all my blog friends and followers! I had a good day. I got to sleep in until 9AM. Thank you Avery! Then, I opened gifts. It is always fun to see what gets picked out for me. I love my husband, but he is not a good gift-picker-outer!

Stephen likes to give a little something from everyone. So, my first bag and card was from him. A phone charger for my car. No, I'm not kidding. That really is what he gave the woman who has given birth to his two beautiful children. I told you he doesn't do well with gifts! I really did need it though.



The second bag was from Sydney. I got a flower pot card and keychain she made at school, a card she picked out at the mall, and a peacock feather bracelet and some earrings and a necklace to match.



Now, that's my little shopper! She knows how much I love peacocks. She told her daddy that they had to go to JC Penny's and get the bracelet because I would just die without it! Spoken like a true drama queen!



She also made me a card at home with lots of sequins on it. She wrote me a poem all by herself: "Roses are red, violets are blue, I love my mama too!" Too cute. She said the card was really thick, so she had to use some stickers from the office to help her close the envelope!



We had a little talk later about not using my office supplies!

Then, it was time for Avery's gift. "Avery" got me something I had hinted about. Well, actually it was less hinting and more "Hey, Stephen, there's this rolling organizer in the scrapbook section at Michael's and it would be perfect to put all my Girl Scout stuff in. It is brown and pink and looks like one of those suitcases on wheels. AND here's a 40% off coupon!" Sometimes, you just have to be direct!



So, when Stephen said that it was from Avery, Sydney piped up and said that it was from her, too. So I said that the bracelet, necklace and earrings must have been from her AND Avery. She said, "No, that was just from me. Avery didn't get you anything just from her." LOL! Jealous much?

So, after showers, Sydney, Avery, and I headed off to eat lunch at CiCi's Pizza. That's my and Sydney's "special" place, so we chose that for lunch. We did some shopping at the mall. Sydney conned me into buying her some "trendy" shoes.



She always cons me into buying something that she desperately needs because someone else in her class has it. After we got tired out at the mall, we made the weekly grocery run, and then headed home.

I made a "fun" supper for us with inspiration from the Nickelodeon tv show, iCarly. What else but Spencer's famous spaghetti tacos! They were actually good. I was going to take a picture of them, but Avery didn't want me to. She was ready to be put to bed.

My mama also sent me a gift for Mother's Day. A Cookbook!!! She knows I love cookbooks. I've been able to flip through some of it. The recipes look good- and easy! I'm going to have to try them out soon.



So, that was my day. I had a happy Mother's Day with my girls! What more could I ask for. I am blessed to be their mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment